Many bearings cross-over to fit other applications.
Please check your existing bearings prior to purchase to ensure that you are ordering the correct type for your machine.
Key things to check are the outer diameter, inner diameter, width and bearing code, which written on the outer case of the bearing.
The dimensions of this bearing are specified in the table at the bottom of this page.
What does the bearing code mean?
This is the code that is normally etched onto the side of the bearing. Most quality bearings will show a code.
The code is used to signify what type of bearing it is. For example, bearings that have the code 6001 will always have the same dimensions. The letters that follow this code tell you what type of cover/s the bearing has. Below is a list of the different letters that are used, and what they mean:
- RS or DDU: The bearing has a double rubber seal, one on each side, which covers the rollers inside the bearing. This is used to prevent dirt and grime from entering the rollers and clogging them up. This type of bearing is often found on wheels
- NR: The bearing includes a snap ring around its outer diameter, which is used to increase the overall size of the bearing
- Z: One side of the bearing rollers is covered by a metal shield to cover and protect the rollers. The other side of the rollers is open
- ZZ: The rollers on both sides of the bearing are covered by a metal shield
- No letter: If no letter follows the bearing size code then the rollers are open / uncovered. This is common when the bearing is situated inside ‘wet’ areas, such as gearboxes, so that the oil can help lubricate the rollers
For example, a 6001 Z bearing will have specific dimensions, and will have a metal shield on one side to protect the rollers. The other side will be open. A 6001 RS bearing will have plastic dust covers on either side. A 6001 NR/ZZ bearing wi
This is a 6202 RS or 6202 ZRS roller bearing for SDG pit dirt bike wheels
Generally used as a wheel bearing on each side of the wheel rim using a 15mm axle
Pre greased and capable of operating at speeds in excess of 70 mph / 112 km
Fits all the big Chinese import makes including Stomp Demon X, WPB, Orion, M2R, Lucky MX, Thumpstar, Explorer, Braaap, Atomic, Pitpro, Pitster Pro, DHZ, SSR, Piranha and many more
A Petrolscooter branded part